Some things about me and my experience (a little bit of history)
I was born in London and ended up in Yorkshire when I was 9. I was educated in a mixed comprehensive school- with 1 ,600 pupils in a school built for 500-lessons often in unheated portacabins with classes of 40 not unusual. But I thrived- passed my A levels and went to University of Hull- where I studied Law (LLb. Hons).
I was part of the lucky generation-I had free university education and a grant-not so when I went to Chester Collage of Law to study to be a solicitor-my education authority were one of the first to stop four-year grants- I had to borrow money to pay fees and accommodation…an incentive not only to do well, but to make sure the teaching was up to scratch!
I was articled (now called training contract) in Leeds and on qualifying I did a Dick Wittington and left to pursue my career in the West End of London- where I have practised ever since. I was made a partner at the-young-age— 28- and continued as a partner until opening my own firm-Stephen Beverley Associates in the early 000s. Since then, I have consulted to firms-now at Eve s.www.everys.co.uk law.
I am something of a dinosaur solicitor-most these days specialise in one subject-I have done several which has given me a wide range of knowledge- I arrived as a music lawyer -as well as more general commercial litigation. I moved on to more employment law-contentious and non-contentious -and eventually more commercial and contract work- drafting, negotiation and strategy.
My client list is wide-ranging-to say the least-from public companies, trough small to medium sized-often owner managed businesses; from high net-worth individuals (including Directors of some of the world’s biggest companies), celebrities, to pro bono cases. These have been in many areas’ professions, IT, software, social media, restaurants, and food importers and distributers, property development, architects, accountants, HR, airlines. I have managed firms of solicitors-dealing with expansion and strategy, staffing, training, banking, accountants, insurance, IT, regulators, and the Law Society. I have prided myself in being more than a traditionally stiff solicitor-being a trusted advisor and priding myself in part of my client’s success-in other words real world experience.
But there is more.
I have always done other things
- I am a qualified mediator with Clerksroom.
- Spent three years as an in-house legal advisor to a property development company dealing with an application to develop the most iconic site in London which meant engaging with a variety of stakeholders, and advising on corporate governance, policies and procedures.
- I am a non-executive director of the Angling Trust, recognised by the Government as the governing body for angling in England and Wales, a member-based organisation fighting for fish, fishing and the environment with over 20,000 members I am a member of the Audit and Risk Assessment Committee and chair the important Salmon and Sea Trout Action Group-fighting to save these essential and threatened fish.www.anglinqtrust.net and www.fishlegal.net
- I have been involved as a director and shareholder in various businesses in media, sports (boxing and football) and entertainment. have a particular expertise in the field of boxing, representing fighters, managers, promotors, trainers, and managers travelling the world. I chaired the appeals committee of the World Boxing Council.
- I have been a director of a sports agency representing footballers.
- I was the MD of a promotion company set up to bring the now late Muhammad Ali to the UK for three events in the Northwest.
- Live in Bath, Somerset and central London
- I am a member of the International Coaching Federation and am subject to their code of conduct-this can be seen at www.icf.com.
- I am a member of the Bath Chamber of Commerce
- I carry professional indemnity insurance with Hiscox(PL-PSC 10002690304/00)
- My LinkedIn page is at Steve Beverley
- Follow me on Facebook at Steve Beverley
For more information Contact me anytime on: –
w.stevebeverley.com Skype: stevebeverley77 zoom
MY PLEDGE TO YOU…
To use my experience as a coach and mentor-backed my real world legal and business life to overcome your problems and make you the best person that you can be…